In this article, we provided a step by step guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6A. Hopefully, it will help you with the installation of TWRP on ur device and make the process easy.
TeamWin Recovery Project or TWRP is a flashable open-source custom recovery image for Android devices. TWRP recovery supports the installation of custom software on the device. These custom software allow for making modifications such as rooting. So let’s just have a look now at the Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Specifications
- Helio A22 Quad-core processor (2.0GHz)
- 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB with microSD)
- 5.45″ display with 1440×720 resolution (295 PPI)
- 13MP camera Rear camera and 5MP front-facing camera
- Finally, a 3000mAh Non-removable battery
Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery
- First of all, it allows for rooting the phone.
- Custom ROM installation on the phone.
- Lastly, it allows for creating backups of the data and restore it at your choice along with resetting the device.
Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery
- Risk of bricking your device if something goes wrong in the procedure.
- Voids warranty of the phone.
- Lastly, no more Over The Air (OTA) updates.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6A
- Have the phone fully charged.
- Do make sure to unlock the bootloader on your the device. Unlock Bootloader.
- We do not take any responsibility for any damage or loss. All the steps below are unverified up to date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery.
- After installing custom Recovery, read this article. Root your Xiaomi Redmi 6A
Installing TWRP Recovery
- Download TWRP recovery image of the Xiaomi Redmi 6A and rename it as TWRP.img.
- Now, download the USB drivers for Xiaomi Redmi 6A and install them on PC.
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked before proceeding.
- Download ADB and Fastboot and set it up on PC.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot:
1. Launch it (requires administrator privileges).
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot.
3. Chose Yes to install ADB system-wide or No for the current user only.
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip.
5. Continue the Driver installation.
6. it will take 15 seconds to finish the process. Source – XDA
- After installing, open the folder named “TWRP.img“
- Now press Shift + Right-click on any empty space and select open command window.
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 6A phone to PC.
- After connecting, boot your device into Fastboot mode. Type “adb reboot bootloader” in the command window for this purpose.
- After device booting in Fastboot mode, type: “fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.” and replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery.
- After it has done that, type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your device.
- Finally, your Xiaomi Redmi 6A has successfully installed TWRP Recovery on it.
- Download Flashify app from PlayStore on the Xiaomi Redmi 6A device.
- Then open the app and click on Recovery Image.
- After it, download TWRP custom recovery through the app.
- After it has finished downloading, install the custom Recovery.
- Once it has successfully installed the TWRP recovery, the procedure is complete.
To sum it up, follow the steps and do check the prerequisites before installing the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 6A device. Do check for the supported model number before flashing the Recovery.