In this article, we provided a step by step guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Rx 15. Hopefully, it will help you with the installation of TWRP on your device and make the process easy.
TeamWin Recovery Project or TWRP is a flashable open-source custom recovery image for Android devices. TWRP recovery supports the installation of custom software on the device. These custom software’s allow for making modifications such as rooting.
Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery
- First, it allows for rooting the phone.
- Custom ROM installation on the phone.
- Lastly, it allows for creating backups of the data and restore it at your choice along with resetting the device.
Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery
- Risk of bricking your device if something goes wrong in the procedure.
- Voids warranty of the phone.
- Lastly, no more Over The Air (OTA) updates.
Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Rx 15
- Have the phone fully charged.
- Do make sure to unlock the bootloader on the device. Unlock Bootloader.
- We do not take any responsibility for any damage or loss. All the steps below are unverified up to date.
- You can also install CWM Recovery.
- After installing custom Recovery, read this article. Root your Oppo Rx 15
Installing TWRP Recovery
- Download TWRP recovery image of the Oppo Rx 15 and rename it as TWRP.img.
- Now, download the USB drivers for Oppo Rx 15 and install them on PC.
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked before proceeding.
- Download ADB and Fastboot and set it up on PC.
Install procedure For ADB Fastboot:
1. Launch it (requires administrator privileges).
2. Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot.
3. Chose Yes to install ADB system-wide or No for the current user only.
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip.
5. Continue the Driver installation.
6. it will take 15 seconds to finish the process. Source – XDA
- After installing, open the folder named “TWRP.img“
- Now press Shift + Right-click on any empty space and select open command window.
- Connect your Oppo Rx 15 phone to PC.
- After connecting, boot your device into Fastboot mode. Type “adb reboot bootloader” in the command window for this purpose.
- After device booting in Fastboot mode, type: “fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.” and replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file.
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery.
- After it has done that, type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your device.
- Finally, your Oppo Rx 15 has successfully installed TWRP Recovery on it.
- Download Flashify app from PlayStore on the Oppo Rx 15 device.
- Then open the app and click on Recovery Image.
- After it, download TWRP custom recovery through the app.
- After it has finished downloading, install the custom Recovery.
- Once it has successfully installed the TWRP recovery, the procedure is complete.
To sum it up, follow the steps and do check the prerequisites before installing the TWRP Recovery on your Oppo Rx 15 device. Do check for the supported model number before flashing the Recovery.